This is my final project for my 3D Texturing and Lighting course taken Winter Quarter of 2011. I downloaded the geometry of this scene and imported it into Maya. I created textures found from online images and applied them to shaders. The shaders were assigned to each object in the scene and digital lighting was added for realism.
I really enjoyed this assignment. I picked this model in particular as it reminded me of the dream studio I have pictured in my head. It looks like the old loft/factory buildings that many traditional artists use for studio space. I wouldn’t necessarily need a brand new or even a used modern building. I like old places and one properly refurbished would do just the trick for me.Read More
This was the Winter 2011 quarter midterm project for my 3D Texturing and Lighting class. We imported the 3D geometry into Maya, created textures from imagery found online and assigned them to shaders. The shaders were applied to each object in the scene and digital lighting was added for realism.
This course was my first opportunity to learn scene composition. It was difficulty to pick up on at first but I think this one turned out pretty well.Read More
This is the standard walk cycle assignment for my 3D Character Animation course. We learned the mechanics of showing weight in the character while making it walk across the screen (as opposed to walking in place which is learned in the first animation course). We downloaded the Generi character, probably the most used animation learning rig, for the assignment.
The objective was to incorporate overlapping action and secondary motion of other body parts to give the digital model actual character.
I created it using Maya 2011 and imported the rendered images into After Effects to create the QuickTime clip.Read More
This is the final modification of my final project from my ANI 201 class, Animation I, at DePaul University in Chicago. It uses images processed in Photoshop and imported into After Effects for compositing. The movie was produced during the fall quarter of the 2009 – 2010 school year.
The concept is to show my career transition in the works. My old life as an engineer in a small engine factory is covered by foliage, ridding me of the old profession that brought me no creative fulfillment. Then the foliage retreats to reveal the inspiration to return to school and unleash my creative juices in digital animation, my new career in progress.
This is the second revision in which I add audio tracks in key spots to give more life to the film. I also added MAYA renderings and hand sketches from my 3D modeling class to the end.
This is my final project for ANI480 Animation Production taken during the fall quarter of the 2010-2011 school year at DePaul University. The animation was done in Maya, clips of each of the five segments of the animation were rendered and imported into AfterEffects to create five QuickTimes and those QuickTime clips were imported into PremierPro to compose the movie.
Most of the work was done in Maya. The universe is a sphere with a stellar graphic that I applied to a shader. I then dropped the shader onto the sphere to create my universe where all the natural phenomena occurs.
The star is composed of two spheres which are centered on each other. I manipulated lattice points at the front of the outer orange sphere at different points along the time line to simulate a “belching” or “spitting” effect each time it ejected a particle. I pulled the lattices into the sphere to reveal the inner yellow core of the star and then forward to extend the front of the sphere to a tip as each particle left the core.
Each particle is a sphere that is stretched by a lattice deformer. Alternating the positions of the deformer lattice and the deformer base is what gives it the pulled effect. Alternating these positions is how I created the tail behind each particle. Pulling the sphere away from the lattice as it traveled out into space is what allowed it to reform itself back into a sphere again. This same lattice deformer option was used for the proton-neutron conversion, atom simulation and molecule simulation segments of the film.
The inner and outer star, atom and molecule components were all colored using regular color shaders. The proton-neutron converted particle was uncolored. I left it at its gray default and used a series of lights with green and purple color filters in order to simulate the conversion from one type to the other.
In the last segment I found an image of daVinci’s Virtruvian Man, applied it to a shader and dropped the shader onto a rectangle. Then I deleted the rest of the rectangle faces to end up with a plate showing the image on both sides.
This was my final project for ANI430 – 3D Character Animation at DePaul University. I created it during the fall 2010 quarter.
The project uses the Generi character which is a commonly downloaded rig.
I used the “Capitalism” audio from a YouTube clip of this part of the first Austin owers movie as the basis for my assignment.